Yesterday ABC revealed the 22 women who will be competing for the heart of Gerry Turner, the Golden Bachelor, when the show premieres next month.
At 72 years old Turner finds himself in search of love again following the passing of his wife and high school sweetheart Toni. Reflecting on his decision to join the show Turner shared on Good Morning America month that he initially grappled with whether Toni would approve. However they had always expressed their desire for each other's happiness in circumstances. Turner firmly believes that Toni is cheering him on from above and saying, "Go for it Gerry!"
It was actually Turner's daughters Angie and Jenny who nominated him for The Bachelor. While he acknowledges that he won't find love, to what he shared with Toni he isn't necessarily seeking a replica either. During The Bachelorette season 20s Men Tell All special he candidly expressed to Jesse Palmer that finding a love isn't his goal.
At 70 years old my priorities and interests have changed compared to when I was in school and college. Throughout their lives these individuals have pursued careers in fields such as education, real estate, finance, cheerleading and competitive aerobics. They come from backgrounds originating from both towns like Estill Springs, TN and big cities like New York, NY. Their music preferences span a range from rock to artists, like Harry Styles (one of them even had the chance to attend a Beatles concert).
Retired Nutritionist, from Summit, New Jersey
- Anna enjoys spending her Sundays exploring the farmers market.
- When Anna goes diving with sharks she bravely chooses to do it without a cage.
- Anna has a fondness for all things chocolate especially indulging in lava cakes!
Therapist from Port St. Lucie, Florida
- April has a tattoo of her nickname "Presh" tucked away in a spot.
- One of April's dreams is to write a bestselling book someday.
- Discovering pennies while out and about brings joy to April's life.
Retired Purchasing Manager from Sierra Madre, California
- Christina's first concert experience was seeing The Beatles back in 1964.
- A good fashioned dude ranch holds a place in Christina's heart.
- When it comes to driving Christina prefers the thrill of handling a stick shift.
Retired Realtor from Downey, California
- Edith is currently overseeing the construction of an Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) in her backyard; she takes pride in being the project manager.
- Cold weather is something Edith simply cannot tolerate under any circumstances.
- Edith possesses a talent for crafting hand painted birthday cards.
Retired Teacher from Delray Beach Florida
- Daydreams about embarking on an exhilarating adventure, in Africa someday.
- Despite having two feet when it comes to dancing Ellen absolutely loves getting lost in its rhythm and movement.
- Michelle Obama is one of Ellen's role models and inspirations.
High School Teacher, from Benton City, Washington
- Faith takes pleasure in riding her horse, Liberty, across the mountains.
- Being part of a band is something that Faith dreams of.
- Faith finds it frustrating when technology doesn't function reliably.
Retired Project Manager from Estill Springs, Tennessee
- Jeanie possesses a scuba diving certification.
- Neon happens to be Jeanies color.
- Attending the Super Bowl is at the top of Jeannie's bucket list.
Private School Administrator from Rockland, Maryland
- Joan thoroughly enjoys dancing after indulging in a couple of glasses of wine.
- Historical museums hold a place in Joans heart.
- Nothing beats the taste of a burger for Joan when it comes to food preferences.
Retired Educational Consultant from Austin
- Kathy has had the opportunity to visit three continents and hopes to explore all seven eventually.
- Kathy shares her life with two adorable geriatric cats.
- Christmas holds a special fascination for Kathy. She simply can't get enough of it!
Fitness Instructor, from Minneapolis
- Leslie has an aversion to mice.
- Leslie has a background as a champion in aerobics.
- On Leslies list of the concerts Lady Gaga and Post Malone take the top spots.
Health and Wellness Director from Teaneck, New Jersey
- Maria has never had the chance to go paintballing. She is really eager to give it a try!
- A glass of 100 year Grand Marnier is Marias indulgence.
- Maria is fond of celebrating Valentine's Day.
Educator from Los Angeles
- Marina holds not one or two but THREE masters degrees.
- Marina prefers not to wait in lines whenever
- Biographies and medical nonfiction are among Marinas genres to read.
Retired Interior Designer from Alexandria, Virginia
- Nancy thoroughly enjoys watching comedies.
- Although Nancy dances at weddings she truly becomes a dancing machine at those events.
- Nancy is a fan of Bruce Springsteen.
Aging Coach and Midlife Speaker from New York City
- Natascha finds relaxation in spending time at Central Park.
- Natascha hopes for bell bottoms to make a comeback.
- Laughing is Natascha’s activity, on a date.Retired Salon Owner, from Aurora Illinois
- Pamela absolutely enjoys hosting backyard barbecues.
- Pamela can't resist indulging in episodes of Judge Judy. It's a pleasure.
- Pamela finds comfort in cuddling.
Retired Real Estate Professional from Durham, North Carolina
- Patty is a sailor who loves spending time on the water.
- Patty embraces body glitter. Encourages others to do the same.
- Patty’s day cannot begin without a cup of coffee.
- Patty happens to be the mother of Bachelor Matt James.
Dental Hygienist from East Haven, Connecticut
- Peggy is the owner of an adorable bichon frisé named Libby.
- Peggy has always fantasized about experiencing what it's like to be Jennifer Lopez for one day.
- Peggy finds excitement in go karting. It's one of her hobbies.
Formerly a cheerleader, for the Chicago Honey Bears in my hometown of Chicago.
Some interesting facts about me:
- I have a desire to meet Harry Styles.
- I really enjoy taking my grandkids to the zoo.
- I'm not a fan of fish that tastes too fishy.
I used to work as an assistant in Doraville, Georgia.
Here are some fun facts about me:
- Listening to Luther Vandross always puts me in "the mood."
- I take pride in having a credit score.
- I love all 32 NFL teams equally; you can call it my collection.
Currently I work as a wedding officiant based in Aston, Pennsylvania.
Here are some interesting tidbits about me:
- My absolute favorite possession is a pair of go go boots.
- A dream of mine is to have lunch with Kris Jenner.
- Leftovers from the night's meal are something I really enjoy.
I am currently working as a public affairs consultant in Los Angeles.
Here are some intriguing things about me:
- Given any chance I love dressing up and trying out costumes.
- In my time I like lifting weights for exercise.
- People often praise my pistachio cake recipe.
By profession, I am a service worker from Shrewsbury, New Jersey.
Some fun facts about me include:
- Singing alone while driving is one of my pleasures.
- Through self-learning I gained knowledge about the stock market.
- Soft and hard rock, from the '70s, resonates deeply with me.