Meryl Streep is one of the most respected and celebrated actresses of all time in Hollywood. While she is known for her impeccable style on the red carpet, she is famous for her elegant style even today. Over the years, she has come up with the most iconic dresses ore by any actress on a red carpet. Her appearance and style never fail to turn the heads of her spectators with awe.
Iconic Moments of All Time:
Here are some of the most memorable moments of Meryl Streep on the red carpet.
1983 Academy Awards:
For her role in Sophie’s Choice, Meryl won her first Oscar, earring a stunning white, off-the-shoulder gown by Vera Wang. The dress was elegant with the perfect blend of simplicity to it to compliment Meryl’s natural beauty.
1996 Academy Awards:
For her role in The Bridges of Madison County, Meryl was nominated for the Best Actress Award. She grabs the attention of the crowd by wearing a sleek red velvet gown by Christian Lacroix. The dress is glamorous and perfectly aligns with Meryl’s status as one of the biggest and most respected actresses in Hollywood.
Also Read: 20 Must-See Movies Starring Meryl Streep
2007 Academy Awards:
For her role in The Devil Wears Prada, Meryl was nominated for the Best Actress Award. She has worn a sequined gold-like gown by Lanvin. The dress was flattering and eye-catching, making Streep look like a queen with a radiant glow.
2012 Academy Awards:
For her role in The Iron Lady, Meryl won her third Oscar while paying tribute to her late husband, Don Gummer, wearing his favorite color, Blue. She wore a Lanvin gown that continued to show elegance and sophistication while honoring her husband’s memory with respect.
2017 Academy Awards:
For her role in Florence Foster Jenkins, Meryl was nominated for Best Actress and she has worn the regal look on the red carpet, wearing a purple velvet gown by Christian Dior. The sophistication of her dress aligns with the respectable status of the actress as the most respected star of Hollywood. She definitely knows what works and what doesn’t because she expertly combines the modern look with mature silhouettes for this look. The details and the lacy cutouts make this look unforgettable.
Meryl Streep’s iconic moments always include her red carpet fashion sense that seems to give the look of elegance at its peak. She often wears classic silhouettes and timeless designs that give her the perfect put-together look for her public appearances. Though seeing her history of being iconic, we saw her testing different colors and styles on herself, but she never even for once fails to look anything but stunning and gorgeous.
What Makes Meryln Streep Memorable?
Here are some of the things that made Meryln’s style memorable and iconic at the same time.
- She is confident and knows how to carry herself in front of the media and her fans alike. Her dresses shows that she is confident in her style and is not afraid to take risks in front of the world. She said, "I think the most important thing is to feel confident in what you're wearing. If you feel good, you'll look good."
- She is elegant and knows how to give sophisticated looks in front of the world while making sure that her modern styles match her personality while ensuring that her dresses are fit for her age and body type. This makes her look her best every single time. She once shared, "I'm not afraid to experiment with different looks. I think that's part of what makes fashion fun."
- She is timeless with her red carpet looks. She never bounds herself to following trends and chooses what she likes and what will look good for years to come. She said, "I think fashion is about having fun and expressing yourself. It's not about following trends or rules."
- She is versatile and can carry any look from classic to modern lacy-cut dresses to give her dramatic glamorous looks. Most importantly, she knows what dress to wear for the occasion while maintaining her position as one of the respected stars of Hollywood. She said, “I think the most important thing is to feel confident in what you're wearing. If you feel good, you'll look good."
- She loves vintage clothes and when she was asked about her favorite brands and designers, she said, I love vintage clothing, so I often shop at flea markets and boutiques. I also like to support young designers. Some of my favorite brands include Valentino, Dior, and Chanel.”
In an interview, when she was asked about her favorite red carpet look, she said, “That's a tough question! I've worn a lot of great outfits over the years. But I think my favorite red carpet look was the white gown I wore to the 1983 Academy Awards. It was simple yet elegant, and I felt amazing in it.”