Erin Jill Andrews is an American television personality and sportscaster. She was born on May 4, 1978, in Lewiston, Maine. In 2004 she joined the American cable sports channel ESPN and rose to prominence as correspondent. In 2012 she joined Fox Sports and has since become the lead sideline reporter of the network's NFL broadcasting team. She gained further fame by placing third on the tenth season of ABC's Dancing with the Stars in 2010 and with Tom Bergern she co-hosted the show from 2014-2019.
Erin Andrews’s Early Career
As a freelance reporter, she was employed by Fox Sports Florida in 2000. She served as a Tampa Bay Lightning reporter for the Sunshine Network from 2001- 2004. As a studio host and reporter Erin covered the Atlanta Braves, Atlanta Thrashers, and Atlanta Hawks for the Turner South network from 2002-2004.
Challenges and Victory
In 2008 Erin Andrews faced a significant professional and personal challenge. Andrews became the victim of highly publicized stalking. This was a hard time in her life but she didn't give up. This incident made her even more strong and determined to do her job well.
Broadcasting Recognition and Dancing With The Stars
Erin Andrews joined the cast of ABC's Dancing With The Stars in 2010 as a contestant. This show makes her able to show her versatile personality to her audiences. She solidified her status as a household name and finished in third place.
Fox Sports and Host Roles; 2012 to Present
- To join Fox Sports it was announced on June 29, 2012 was leaving ESPN. She was joined by the analysts Eddie George and Joey Harrington and Andrews was the first host of Fox College Football's studio show.
- Andrews served as a field reporter for most major sporting events aired on Fox, such as the MLB All-Star Game, the World Series, the NFL Playoffs, and the Daytona 500 and she also became a contributor on Fox NFL Sunday.
- Andrews became the guest host of Fox College Football Kickoff and Fox College Saturday, a direct competitor to ESPN College Gameday, With the launch of Fox Sports 1 on August 17, 2013.
- Andrews became the sideline reporter on Fox's lead NFL broadcasting crew after replacing Pam Oliver, Beginning with the 2014 NFL season and she also contributed to the daily studio show Fox Football Daily, in 2016 she resigned from Fox Sports.
- Erin Andrews joined Tom Bergeron for the show's 18th season in March 2014, replacing Brooke Burke-Charvet as co-host of Dancing with the Stars.
- having hosted the 2015 ceremony with actress Brittany Snow on June 10 and the 2016 ceremony with NFL player J. J. Watt on June 8, she has also co-hosted the CMT Music Awards twice.
- Since 2021 Erin Andrews has co-hosted the Calm Down podcast with Charissa Thompson.